Many of you are grappling with how to address the events of January 6th, personally and professionally. We charge you with the following 5 questions for reflection and action:
1. What is a reasonable response to unreasonable behavior & speech?
2. What is a truth that wasn’t apparent to you before this week?
3. What would authentic repentance look like, and who should take on acts of repentance?
4. What are we doing to recognize and address white supremacy in real-time–make visible the invisible & confront denial–within our own spheres of influence?
5. How can we counteract statements like “This is not America” or “This is not what American is about” that have inevitably followed the events of Jan. 6?
We are past the need for tolerance–the old go along to get along mentality. Now what?